The first thing people will see if they search for a skill is a logo – that’s why it’s important to have a good one. Here’s one method I use, which lets me create logos in less than 10 minutes.
- Go to http://canva.com and sign up. You’ll see this:Click ‘logo’.
- On the left, you’ll see some templates. Scroll down until you find one which is the style you’re looking for and drag it into the white canvas.
I’ve chosen this one as it has a soft calm feel, and will be used for a simple quotes skill.
- Next, go to the toolbar on the left, click ‘elements’, then ‘shapes’, and drag the circle onto the canvas. Make it fit the whole canvas like I’ve done here. The color doesn’t matter for now.
- Now, click on the background, which is pink in our case, and click the delete icon in the top right, or press backspace on your keyboard.
Then, click on our circle, and click ‘arrange’ in the top right. Click ‘back’ until you can’t click it anymore.
- Now, you can see the area we have to work with. The black circle shows what will be included in our logo after Amazon crops it to fit their frame.
- Now, edit what you want!
- Once you’ve finished, click ‘Download’ in the top right and select ‘PNG’. Then, download! Here’s what I made in about 5 minutes:
- Now, we need to resize our logo for Storyline. Go to http://picresize.com and upload your logo, which will probably be in your downloads folder, then, select ‘custom size’ and ‘512×512’ in the below boxes, then, click ‘I’m Done, Resize My Picture!’ and download it. Repeat this step but change ‘512×512’ to ‘108×108’.
- Finally, go to the publishing tab in your project @ http://getstoryline.com/projects and upload your logo. Done!